Saturday, January 7, 2012

Last night I faced my first real challenge: a night out with my co-workers.  First stop?  A local pub for dinner and drinks.  Luckily, they had a delicious veggie burger on the menu -- freshly made in-house, and without the mayo, completely vegan.  I passed off most of my sweet potato fries to my hungry co-workers, and sipped an apple cider instead of a cocktail.  It was delicious, and instead of feeling tipsy, I felt energized.

We then made our way to a sporting event, where our box seats provided access to free food and drink... including towering stacks of warm chocolate chip cookies.  Happily full from my veggie burger, I was surprised to discover I wasn't even tempted by the sweets.  Instead, I asked for a bottle of water and enjoyed cheering on the home team with my friends.  (This was also a surprise, since I'm generally uninterested in sports.)

I'm shocked at how much easier my sugar free experience feels this time around.  Maybe I haven't faced real temptation yet?  Regardless, I'm three days sugar free and am feeling great.

No comments:

Post a Comment